I have a feeling this week will be heavy on the One Little Word front..how exciting!!
With January drawing to a close, I knew I had to be prepared with a plan for February. You see, in February I will PRACTICE: YOGA.
One of the studios our store is affiliated with is Power Yoga Canada, and for six weeks through January to February, they are running a program called 40 Days to Personal Revolution. My heart soared when I first found out about the program in November...and sank when I realized that level of intensity just wouldn't be attainable after my 2.5 month hiatus at the beginning of my pregnancy. Practising in the studio 6 days a week, in the heat, while pregnant, just didn't feel right in my soul. After baby comes? Heck yes, and bring it on! But not for the time being...
So...after beating myself up about missing the opportunity, and wondering if I was copping out, I came to a realization. I can still do it, just on my own terms!
With that in mind, I present to you:
- My personal revolution will run from January 31st to March 2nd
- I commit to three studio practices per week [Sunday Morning Yoga at the store certainly counts in this category]
- I commit to two, self-led, home-based practices per week. Minimum time to practice is 20 minutes, with a focus on hip openers and restorative poses for stress relief.
- I commit to meditating seven days a week [outside of savasana] for a minimum of five minutes per day.
- I will photograph the journey, sharing on instagram [including reflection and journalling]
- I commit to treating my body better...My twitter tag says "my body is my temple - watch me treat it like one" and I cannot think of a more appropriate time or reason to climb back on that train. Wiser food choices are essential on this journey.
*caveat: I am attending the Landmark Forum from February 22 to 24. The days run long - 9am to 10pm, and I give myself permission, right now, to practice 4 days that week if the forum is too draining. That being said, I will still meditate - probably morning and night, these three days. I have been waiting for this opportunity for months and months - I cannot WAIT to attend.