In case you have some free time and think I'm really interesting (hehe), here is a list of things about...me :)
49. I have never broken a bone, but I have dislocated my left knee FIVE times and sprained my left ankle twice.
48. I would eat oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and milk for breakfast everyday if I could. And probably for lunch as well.
47. In fact, sometimes I eat chocolate chips right out of the bag. It's possible I was just doing that very thing :)
46. My first friend who was a boy was Ben Hart. I fell asleep on his shoulder on the bus one time...his mama still reminds me of it when I see her, 25 years later!
45. My greatest fear is insignificance.
44. My greatest tangible fear, is a house fire. The irony here being that my husband is a fire-fighter.
43. If I could do it all over, I would have taken a year off to work and to find myself, and would never have made the decision to attend university.
42. That being said, I never for a second regret my 4 years of education gained there.
41. When I was in middle school I wore black, gray and navy all day erryday.
40. When I was in highschool I was so depressed I had to see a therapist. She was my favourite teacher's wife and I was terrified she would tell him all of my secrets.
39. I frequently fall in love with people and moments. It is in my heart to do so, and I will never apologize for it.
38. We own a television but haven't had cable in almost two years. I don't miss it.
37. But sometimes when the baby is sleeping and Nathan is working I binge-watch episodes of silly shows [Grey's Anatomy, Sex and the City, Hart of Dixie] on the internet to make me feel less alone.
36. My favourite season is Spring because it makes life feel like a fresh start.
35. "Saturday Night" by Whigfield is one song that will forever bring back memories of pre-teen dances, and hair-brush microphone dance parties with my best friends growing up.
34. One time when I was in midddle-school, my friends and I leapt around my BFF's living room singing "Love You Forever" by Jessica Simpson at the top of our lungs. It is one of my fondest memories of our friendship.
33. My four best friends and I used to consider ourselves "SAVED" because our first initials spelled that word. We had necklaces and everything.
32. My first kiss ever was behind the music building on the last day of school. I played hooky on my last class to hang out on the grass with my new boyfriend and my friends. He kissed me in front of them and I couldn't decide if I loved it or hated it...He broke my heart, and to this day I'm still not big on PDA.
31. I believe that people are ultimately good at heart.
30. I applied to lululemon three times before I got my job there. I'm actually glad it took that long, because that job ended up being the catalyst for a life I ever knew I could live.
29. Sometimes my favourite colour is purple. Other times it is aqua. But mostly it's black...figure that out.
28. I am a terrible house-keeper. I mean, terrible. I would much rather make art or play with Mason than tidy or do the laundry. But I'm proud to say that I'm much better than I used to be.
27. I wish I had access to the blogs I wrote as a teenager. I really regret not writing those thoughts in a paper journal, as they are lost forever...
26. If I had been born a boy, my name would have been Alistair. I'm kind of glad that didn't happen.
25. When I was little my mum used to sometimes make us cheese on toast in the toaster oven. To this day it is one of my favourite comfort meals, but it never, ever tastes as good as I remember it tasting as a child.
24. My favourite flowers are lillies but we can't have plants in our house because the cats try to eat them and always break the vases...
23. I am pretty sure that all of my children will end up being boys.
22. I [not so secretly] hope that at least one is a girl however.
21. Sometimes I am more afraid of my own success than I am of failure.
20. The only time I ever cheated on a test was in the fifth grade. We were writing a memory/comprehension test and when I went to hand it in I saw the one answer I couldn't remember on someone else's test. I scurried back to my desk because I "forgot my name" and quickly scrawled in the answer. I got 50/50 on that test, and I STILL feel guilty about it!
19. I believe in magic.
18. If I could attend high-school over again I would take all the art classes. Every single one.
17. I've never had a pedicure and I never will. Feet gross me right out, and I NEVER want someone else to toush them. So gross.
16. If I could make a career out of higher education, I would do so in a heart beat -I will forever be a student of life. However, as that is unlikely, I hope to fashion a living from making things from love and with my hands.
15. One day, I will write a book.
14. I eat bacon as many days as posssible. Sometimes even twice in one day.
13. Thirteen is my favourite number. I'm weird about numbers. If I come across a sequence of numbers that pertain to me [locker combination, order number, cell phone number, etc.] I always add up the digits. I'm secretly elated when they add up to 4 or 9. Or thirteen, which is the sum of the two. Told you it was weird.
12. I used to despise wearing short or long sleeved t-shirts. Now I wear one almost every day.
11. When I was in elementary school, I used to walk to the local "mall" with my best friend Geraldine. We would wander around Bi-Way and buy french fries and gravy from the man in the corner - she is the only perspn I've ever met that loves gravy as much as I do! My favourite food will always, ALWAYS be french fries with gravy. [Strangely enough, years later I worked for GoodLife fitness in that same mall, in the exact same location where the fry-man used to be].
10. When we buy our 'forever home' I desperately hope it has a pool so I can swim every day that it is warm enough. And probably also on some days when it isn't.
9. I was a strict vegetarian for six months. My brother let me out of our bet on Thanksgiving so that I could have Turkey and gravy again. I could never be a vegetarian again!
8. I wear stripes almst every day.
7. I am pretty sure dreaming is the best part about sleeping.
6. No matter the options, chocolate will always, always be my flavour of choice. Unless of course I can have triple chocolate, or chocolate fudge. yummm.
5. I graduated second in my class in high-school....sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if I was less afraid to have fun.
4. Nathan and I have been together for thirteen years now. We are high-school sweethearts from two different high-schools.
3. I hoard notebooks because thery are so pretty and inspiring.
2. I didn't get to eat a single appetizer at my own wedding. We had eight delicious options, And I was starving!
1. Aside from raising healthy, well-balanced children, and learning to nurture my marriage, my greatest hope for my life is to write something that changes someone else's life as a result.
---------------------- Thank you for reading this ridiculously [self-induglent] long list :) -----------------------
I'd love to hear something about you. Leave a comment below [not on FaceBook please...] so we can get to know one another better!